Do you know that KyPass Companion could import a dynamic kdb/kdbx database or .csv file in your kdbx (KeePass v2) database ?
- Select the folder where you want to insert/update the exported entry.
- Go to File/Create Import Task
- Give a name for your task.
- Select the URL of the kdb/csv file or select directly the file from the file browser.
For the .csv file, the format is:
- Line 1: <fieldname>;<fieldname>;.. with fieldname is title, username, password, url or any name for custom attributes.
- Line 2 and others, your values separated by a semicolon
- Enter the password and/or the keyfile if the import file is a kdb database.
- Check the ‘add to task’ checkbox. It will save the task in the folder you have selected previously in step 1.
- Check ‘update entries’ checkbox if you want that, when then task is launched, the entries are update and not created each time.
- Check ‘ignore groups’ checkbox if you don’t want to keep the tree in the imported kdb database.
- Click on the ‘run’ button to do the first import.
The task is now created.
Each time you want to run again the task, go in View/Display task list and select the task you want to run.
More tips soon (if you like it!)