This 19th entry was created by dman
Here is his description:
Ok here is my idea. It’s a drum machine/sample sequencer kind of like
an akai mpc in operation(www.akaipro.com). It has 8 samples and 8
tracks (or whatever can be made with the DS hardware). You can record
your sequences and play them back…giving you a drum machine in your
Here is how it works:
1. The round thing is the pad where you play the notes. Hitting in the
center plays the sample at max volume, towards the edges at a lower
2. The round pad thing pulses at the metronome speed.
3. Samples can be quickly changed by hitting the sample buttons on the
4. Different tracks can be selected on the right hand side.
5. The D-Pad is used to play/rec/overdub and delete notes in a sequence.
6. The sequencer would have a resolution of 96ppq (same as mpc).
7. The top screen holds all the information on the current sequence.
This can be swapped with the lower screen using the L or R button.
There would also be a sample edit page which i haven’t shown here. The
idea is to make a very simple/fast way of making music with samples
(like the mpc series and roland sp-303/404) on a nintendo DS.
0 thoughts on “KMSC #19: DS MPC/sp-404”
Originale comme idée. Ca me rappelle quelque chose quand même… mais en moins joli et moins pratique. :p
excellent idea, looking forward to this, is there an alpha version yet?