KyPass 4 is available!
This version has been designed to be able to replace the desktop version and many improvements have been added compared to the previous version:
- Split screen and tree view (especially on iPad)
- Full History Support (Viewing and Maintaining Input History)
- Total support of the trash
- Support of references on all fields
- Remote access (ssh and vnc first. RDP, telnet in a future release)
- Password generator with advanced features such as avoiding similar characters
In addition to this, it still has the functionality of previous versions:
- Cloud support (best way to keep multiple devices in sync with the same information): iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Webdav
- KDBX4 format support (Introduced with Keepass 2.35)
- Support for external keyboard
- Touch-ID support (and Face-ID on iPhone X) or PIN code: the password of the database can be saved on the iOS keychain so as not to have to enter long passwords
- One Time Passwords
- Exchange of bar code entries
- Automatic log in all the following applications
This is the first version of KyPass redesigned by targeting the iPad. It wants to get as close as possible to the desktop version of KyPass.
KyPass 4 is available at an introductory price of 5.49 € and will be available on the AppStore
KyPass v4 is coming.
V2 was 4 years old. And v3 was a free update.
Thus, yes, v4 will be a paying update…
Don’t worry, v3 will still be supported and will get maintenance fixes until end of 2019. (v3.9 will be released next week)
At Kyuran, we love iPad. And with iOS 11, iPad will be better than ever!
So will be KyPass v4.
The new version is specially focused on iPad and will be universal iPhone/iPad.
We want that KyPass for iOS become your only Keepass application. (Even if you could buy our macOS version too)
All you could expect from a password manager will be integrated in this version and many new features will be added as:
- Remote connection (ssh and vnc at first. RDP in future release)
- Split screen
- Full history support (View AND Maintain History of entries)
- Full Recycle-Bin Support
- Treeview (especially on iPad)
- Blurry screen
- Move entry & group
- Magnified password
All the feature present in the our macOS version will be present in this v4 in a short time (mass modification for instance)
And we have also many other improvement in the pipe like tag support, template, reference field…
As images speak more than words, we let you discover some screenshot of the upcoming version.
KyPass v4 will be the most complete iOS version with a lot of feature not available in our competitors!
KyPass v3.8 was released Friday.
Lot of changes:
– OTP support (from QRCode via the camera or via otpauth:// url)
– Edit entry page improved.
– New google Drive Sync.
– KDBX v4 read/write support.
– Caption of title bar is more readable
– History shows all special characters
– Copy to clipboard when pressing on value fixed
– adding a new entry, adding some fields and the decide to cancel by using “back” instead of “finish” doesn’t crash the database anymore
– File is saved when hitting finish after the edit dialog. You have to return to the main list for it to be saved
– Reset synchronization doesn’t deletes local files (including key file) anymore
– iPad QR Size fixed
– QR Code Import save
– Fixed crash when adding additional field when creating new entry
This version will be 40% off during 2 days ! Say it everywhere and make people happy…
PS: For Google Drive users: 2 things.
- You have to reset your sync. Google has changed their api and a new sync is needed
- There is a bug with the v3.8 (and v3.8.1): the database is not uploaded anymore. This bug is fixed in v3.8.2 (sent today to Apple) and you’ll not loose anything.
New year.. new beta of the v1.9 of KyPass for macOS.
A lot of change in code to prepare KyPass for the v4 kdbx format. It’s still not available for you but it will in the next beta.
Test it, share it, and enjoy!
Go to our beta page.
It’s been a long time since my last update about KyPass. Sorry about that.
I’ve a lot of news about KyPass.
For the iOS version:
- I have added One-time password. You could now add a OTP field in your database and use it to connect on all website that supports Time-synchronized OTP.
- The edit page has been refreshed. I like it and I hope you will be too.
For the macOS version:
- OTP support (enter otpauth://totp/Example:firstname.lastname@example.org?secret=DPJBSKY3EHWP3PXP&issuer=Example in a field and KyPass will translate it to the correct secret key)
- add custom fields in the columns view
- edit multiple entries
- add filter on custom fields
- edit existing import tasks
- quick view improved
- attachments could be previewed by pressing the space key
- (bug fix) entry and group could now be created directly from the sidebar
- (bug fix) duplicate entry is now working also in search view
- (bug fix) viewing an entry doesn’t change modification date anymore
As you could see, it’s a lot of improvement for the macOS version and thus I need some time to be sure that all is OK.
I expect to release it 2 weeks.
PS. The name of macOS version will be changed from KyPass Companion to KyPass like the iOS version. No need to add the Companion word.
PS2. I’m also working on a iPad pro version. I’ve bought one. At home, I use it more that my computer. KyPass need to be more sexy on a tablet !