Feature Request - new entry creation

Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
ChrisfromLafare

Feature Request - new entry creation

Post by ChrisfromLafare »

Hi,

Thank you for your very handy and useful app.
Almost everything needed is already there, but it lacks one very useful feature: the ability to create a new entry directly from the iOS password extension.

I would appreciate if when no password match in the database one were allowed to create a new entry to store the password and the username instead of being forced to switch from the current app to KyPass to create the entry and then switch back again.

Thank

zuxx

Re: Feature Request - new entry creation

Post by zuxx »

Hello, I don't think it's usefull I think you do't use the app in the correct order :

it's to save your password when you create a new login/pass/url not an app to create this from a new account created on a url no ?
I think to do what you want safari will need to inform Kypass like safari place the new entry in the iphone vault and I'm not shure Apple want to do this cause it can be a weakness for IOS.

ChrisfromLafare

Re: Feature Request - new entry creation

Post by ChrisfromLafare »

Hi,

That not the point. Sometimes one creates a login to a web on the fly (without using Kypass), then later on, you come back to that site. As there a is login/password detected, iOs offers to search a suitable entry in the password manager (launching kypass to browse the available entries). As there is no suitable entry currently, you have to click "abort" in kypass, leave safari switch to kypass and create the new entry. If in the dialog launched to search a suitable entry, the add new entry function add been available, one could have directly created the suitable entry (even if it implies that one must remember the login/password couple) in a smoother process.

Christian