Touch-ID not working with Kypass

Problems with KyPass for Mac should be reported in here
Gerd

Touch-ID not working with Kypass

Post by Gerd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:01 am

Touch-ID does not work when re-starting Kypass:

1) Open your DB, enter password and key file and tag the "Use Touch-ID" box. This opens the database
2) Close the database by clicking the red button on the top-left of the display
3) Go to File/Recent and select your database --> You can open the database with Touch-ID - Good, this is expected
Now the problem:
4) Now close the database and exit Kypass
5) Start Kypass again, it will remember the last opened DB, but ask for the password/key file --> Kypass should use Touch-ID but is not
6) Try a work-around: Go to File/Recent and select the database (as in item 3), Kypass still not want to use Touch-ID

In item 3, touch-ID is working, but not in item 5. As most of the time when need to lookup a password, kypass is started (=item 5), Touch-ID basically never works...

I find this very very inconvenient because in addition of needing to enter again the password everytime starting Kypass, we need also to navigate and select also the key file (bypass does not remember it). Result is that I prefer use the free open-source keepass version under windows with Parallels, because even though the free windows version needs also to enter the password (no touch-ID under windows...) at least with the windows version it will remember the key file

It would be great if bypass could use Touch-ID all the time. Touch ID is secure enough and even used for banking login, so I think that Kypass should make use of it all the time

Can this be fixed?
Thank you

RedBug
Site Admin

Re: Touch-ID not working with Kypass

Post by RedBug » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Ok.
Look like a bug with keyfile. It works if I don't use keyfiles. I'll fix that very soon
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Image

Gerd

Post by Gerd » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:31 am

Any expected date for the fix?
(the bug annoys me every time I am opening my database using Kypass...)
Thank you
Gerd

dps2055

Post by dps2055 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm

I recently purchased 1.9.4 for my MacBook and have the same problem, Kypass does not recall the .key file on launch. Do you have an estimated delivery date on a solution?

D

dps2055

Post by dps2055 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Still not fixed in version 1.9.5, any idea when???