1.9.3 integration with browser gives more password then 1.9.2.

Problems with KyPass for Mac should be reported in here
Chris

1.9.3 integration with browser gives more password then 1.9.2.

Post by Chris »

The integration with Chrome and ChromeIPass does not function as it used to. In version 1.9.2 I got one password and with 1.9.3 Beta a lot of passwords are provided. I also tested this with Firefox which has the same result.
Since I spent a lot of time making sure I get the correct password for the correct url I performed some additional testing on this issue.

I found a lead what I expect is changed.
In my work environment we use a lot of url's where the last part is identical.
Example how these urls would look like: mail.work.net, intranet.work.net, portal.work.net.
Examples for differences between test acceptance production environments would be portal-t.work.net, portal-a.work.net and portal.work.net.
These url's point to different applications with different passwords. In version 1.9.2 I got just one password for each url.

Since the switch to 1.9.3 beta when I use one of the mentioned url's I get the passwords for all 5 to choose from.

Another example: mail.ziggo.nl and account.ziggo.nl have different user/password combinations. In 1.9.2 I just got one and now I need to choose for one of the two passwords.

My conclusion:
In 1.9.2 a.b.c and z.b.c are handled as different url's each with one password.
In 1.9.3 only the last part of the url is used 'b.c' when searching for passwords, so if a.b.c and z.b.c are in the database it will result in two passwords.

I hope this research helps you to find the difference between 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 and solve this issue.

Kind regards, Chris Bulthuis

Chris

Re: 1.9.3 integration with browser gives more password then 1.9.2.

Post by Chris »

Hi,

I found the cause of this issue.
During upgrade to 1.9.3 and next moving to the beta version in the Extension tab the option 'Limit results to full host' was turned off.
After enabling it again it works again as expected.

I am a happy user again and keep up the good work on supporting KeePass on MAC :-).

Kind regards, Chris

RedBug (Author)
Site Admin

Re: 1.9.3 integration with browser gives more password then 1.9.2.

Post by RedBug (Author) »

Yes. It uses different settings :)
Happy that it works again :)
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Kyuran