1.9.3 with Mojave not using keychain

Problems with KyPass for Mac should be reported in here
jayjay

1.9.3 with Mojave not using keychain

Post by jayjay » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:35 pm

After upgrading kypass is always asking for the password of the database. Even deleting the old values in the Keychain Tool does not trigger asking again. I also do not find an option in the preferences. How can I solve this?
Thanks for helping

RedBug
Site Admin

Re: 1.9.3 with Mojave not using keychain

Post by RedBug » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:45 pm

jayjay wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:35 pm
After upgrading kypass is always asking for the password of the database. Even deleting the old values in the Keychain Tool does not trigger asking again. I also do not find an option in the preferences. How can I solve this?
Thanks for helping
Yes. KyPass don't allow to save the main password in keychain in the new version: It was not secure enough.

Actually, you could use touch id or type the full password. I'll add pin code in a next release.
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Image

Karasu

Post by Karasu » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 am

This is a deal-breaker for me. I use a very long and complex password, so entering it EVERY TIME is an unacceptable hassle. I'm the only person who uses my Mac, so I want Kypass to keep the database open unless I close it (like previous versions did). Please let the user decide for themselves if they want to do this or not, by providing an option to require a password every time or not.

RedBug
Site Admin

Post by RedBug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:04 am

Disabling Auto-lock is not good for you ?
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Image

jayjay

Post by jayjay » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:49 am

Like for Karasu this is a deal breaker for me. This feature was the reason for me not to use an open source variant but paying for your software. Touch ID is a nice feature but when you don't have it at your macbook, you're f*** up.
You are right that this might be a security issue but why not giving the user the chance to decide for himself if he is willing to go this way...