kypass suggestions

Problems with KyPass for Mac should be reported in here
KamiKatzeRabbit

kypass suggestions

Post by KamiKatzeRabbit » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi as promised here are my ideas to improve kypass further more:
  • Save the location of the key file. I mean not the PW but just the key file. Should not be a issue as the search button is opening anyway the directory of the last chosen key file (but user have to click several times)
  • If store was changed (cloud sync) while is opened i never figured out how to reload it without close (no save) and reopen it. The popup message about change is not working like expected (maybe i am to stupid ;) )
  • Possibility to choose custom logo for entries. At least the one that is already present in the store.
  • Automatically take the logo of the super-folder for new entries created in them.
  • Implement a merge function if cloud store and in-memory store have been changed (low prio)
Thanks for your work and hope you keep it running :)

RedBug
Site Admin

Re: kypass suggestions

Post by RedBug » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:55 am

You could be a good betatester with so much good suggestions ;)
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Image

kevinnz

Post by kevinnz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:01 pm

HI. I agree with all the excellent suggestions form KamiKatzeRabbit.
I'm running V1.9.4 on Mojave.
I have a couple of extra simple requests:

1. When I open Kypass on my Mac, it only opens the tool bar at the top of the screen. It would be better if it instantly opened a window that allowed selection of the last opened kdbx file. That would not only save mouse clicks to select the file, it would give a better indication that the application actually started running. When I first started using it, at first I didn't notice the tool bar appearing and thought that the app had not started.

2. It would be great to be able to right click on a main group and/or a sub group and sort alphabetically. I often have to scan down the groups to find what I want, sometimes difficult when they are no sorted.

RedBug
Site Admin

Post by RedBug » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:49 pm

1. Since v1.9.4, KyPass opens the last opened database.
2. Good idea.. It will be implemented in v1.9.5 (release before end of february)
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Image

kevinnz

Post by kevinnz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 am

1. Yes I understand how it opens the last used DataBase, but it may be better if it opens the dialogue box to ask for the password. Even thought he file is open, the next step is to enter the password. Seems like it always needs another mouse click to bring up the password dialogue box.

2. Its July 2019, well past February for the V1.9.5 release, so is there any update on when it will be released with the group sort feature ?

kevinnz

Post by kevinnz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:51 am

I Just installed V1.9.5 and the group sort works well. Thankyou very much.