OTP not found in KyPass for OSX

Problems with KyPass for Mac should be reported in here
tom132

OTP not found in KyPass for OSX

Post by tom132 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Hello,

KyPass for OSx states as a feature in the MacOS app store:
* OTP support

I have not found this feature and was not able to use it. Has it been implemented? Will it be implemented?
Will TOTP support as in KeepassXC be implemented?

I would like to have a Keepass compatible tool on OSX and IOs with TOTP support on both platforms. I could migrate to a different version of TOTP implementation, but I would like to have one tool for all my platforms.

Best regards,

RedBug
Site Admin

Re: OTP not found in KyPass for OSX

Post by RedBug » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:46 pm

Just enter text like explain on this page: https://github.com/google/google-authen ... Uri-Format

otpauth://totp/Example:alice@google.com?secret=JBSWY3DPEHPK3PXP&issuer=Example
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Image

andi73

Re: OTP not found in KyPass for OSX

Post by andi73 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi.

I have kind of the same problem :? . I installed KyPass on my IPhone 7 and tried to open a kdbx-file (Keepass) from google drive. The file needs One-Time-Passwords to be opened. I bought KyPass because it says on the feature list that OTP is supported but I didn't find any place where I can enter these OTPs. I don't understand the answer above that was given here in January.

I also wasn't able to open the file directly from the google drive. In the cloud-list I activated "Google Drive" but I didn't find a way to make this work. I can enter an URL when I want to add a new kbdx-file but the code I copied from the Google Drive-Webpage doesn't work. When I use the browser to selcet the file it will be downloaded and KyPass tries to open the local copy. Is there a way to open a file directly from the google drive?

I dind't find a real instruction about how to use KyPass. Does a manual or something like this exist?

Regards,
Andi