Deleting the key File in IOS after using it to open file

Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
5spkd8ipm%QN6rnp%3KA

Post by 5spkd8ipm%QN6rnp%3KA » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Hello,

I am very new to Kypass and I am using a master password with the addition of a key file. I created the file on my mac, but want to use the keyfile on my iPhone. It all works on my phone, but the keyfile stays available under files, when I exit the app and it seems like that defeats its purpose, since it is sitting there ready to use again if anybody put in my master password. I am sure I am probably missing a step or perhaps it is meant to stay there? Is there a way to delete just the keyfile without deleting the kdbx file after I open the app? Thank you for your help.

Mr-Fly

Post by Mr-Fly » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Why would you want to delete the key after usage? It is a device dependent security and if you would delete it you can never open the database again?
You should definitely think about device security enabled (Pin, TouchID, FaceID) and still have a Good password (key is not enough).
The key file more then less secures the cloud usage of the kdbx file. So nobody who gets the kdbx and guesses you password can use the file.
The key file should therefor be delivered on a different way, best is not to use a cloud for that.

Kypass Beta Tester and Moderator