DropBox and Lost Data

Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
TravisWooley

DropBox and Lost Data

Post by TravisWooley »

I am having a reoccurring issue across multiple devices where Kypass is overwriting entries created on another device. In many of the cases I haven't even added any entries in the app. Simply using the app causes it to upload the version on the phone overwriting the more recent version that is already in Dropbox.

I have not been able to figure out if it only happens when I directly open the app or if it also happens when I open the app via Apple's autotype password integration. I do know that it does not seem to happen everytime. Just often enough that I would have lost many passwords were it not for Dropbox's version history feature.

TravisWooley

Re: DropBox and Lost Data

Post by TravisWooley »

Hmm, I wonder if this is related to my db size. I just realized that my db is large enough that the upload may not complete within the window of time before I would normally close the app. If that happens and I add passwords outside of KyPass, what happens next time I start KyPass? Both Dropbox and the app have “new” versions.

Does it act like the desktop version and do a “sync” keeping all the new items from both? Or is one sacrificed?

RedBug (Author)
Site Admin

Post by RedBug (Author) »

TravisWooley wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:56 am
Hmm, I wonder if this is related to my db size. I just realized that my db is large enough that the upload may not complete within the window of time before I would normally close the app. If that happens and I add passwords outside of KyPass, what happens next time I start KyPass? Both Dropbox and the app have “new” versions.

Does it act like the desktop version and do a “sync” keeping all the new items from both? Or is one sacrificed?
Older one is sacrificed :(
Smart synchro will be added this year.. But it's a big modification.

How large is your database ? If you have a lot of attachment that you don't modify often, a good approach is to have a secondary database
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Kyuran

zuxx

Post by zuxx »

Hi,
It’s exactly what I do !

🤪