Dropbox sync not working

Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
MikeCTZA

Dropbox sync not working

Post by MikeCTZA »

I just updated to version 5.1 and my Dropbox sync is no longer working. I removed my one DB and then re-add it and I can't browse my Dropbox. I removed KyPass from having access (in App and on Dropbox web site) and added it again and it appears back in the list as expected but I still can't get an updated DB, I removed the default Crypted Dropbox folder and that does get recreated when I re-add Dropbox, I copied my khbx file into there as a test (normally I have another folder and my root added as well) and it doesn't get listed.
So on my iPhone I'm left without my passwords (I can work around that for now).
I had updated the app on my iPad too and it won't sync a change I made to the DB in my Dropbox down to the device, it did a few days ago.
Can you check all looks OK with it still from your side?
Keep up the great work on a super useful app.

stephans

Re: Dropbox sync not working

Post by stephans »

Same here. An Upload did not happen so I tried resetting and am not without db. iPad and iPhone. iOS 13.4.1

konstantine

Post by konstantine »

Just bought the app, and it doesn't work with my Dropbox. Please fix this!

RedBug (Author)
Site Admin

Post by RedBug (Author) »

I've sent the fix to Apple a few hours ago.
More explanation in the last post on our blog.
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Kyuran

MikeCTZA

Post by MikeCTZA »

I can confirm that 5.2 which I just downloaded has fixed this, thanks for the prompt fix.
I did have to disconnect and reconnect Dropbox on my iPad for the sync to start working, but it is all OK now.
Thanks !!!

RedBug (Author)
Site Admin

Post by RedBug (Author) »

👍
Artisan developer iPhone/Mac, old demoscener & Kyuran owner.
RedBug / Kyuran

Jersey

Post by Jersey »

I'm wondering if this might have happened again.
For a few weeks now some (one in particular) of my kdbx files aren't seen by my iOS devices. They're stored in the Crypted folder in my Dropbox. I have 8 of them in there. They sync to and open fine on a PC but KyPass doesn't always see them. I have both v3 and v4 and the issue is present with both.
Of all my kdbx files the largest is usually the one to cause problems... It's 316Kb. The rest are all under 50Kb.
I moved them out of Crypted and back in and that fixed it for a while but then the issue came back. I do have other content in Crypted but also tried moving it out and that didn't fix it.
Any ideas?