Key file

Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
Angusalcatel

Key file

Post by Angusalcatel »

I have an existing database on my pc that synchronises with icloud so that Ican open the Database on my iPhone. I've decided to enhance the master password by including a keyfile. Its working fine on the PC. I can see that the new DB has fully synchronized with icloud and its showing on the iphone but I now cant open it as I cant set the keyfile location. If click on 'Key File' all I get is 'none' and a blue tick that can't be changed.

How do I use kyuran to set the location of the key file on the iPhone ?

Mr-Fly

Re: Key file

Post by Mr-Fly »

You have to import the keyfile to the local store. The security concept behind keyfiles is to NOT sync them through cloud services. If you do sync then through iCloud there is no security enhancement at all, as a theft would have both files.
It’s like leaving the key in the door.
To import the key file to kypass:
1. use iTunes and the app files method
2. send the keyfile to yourself in a different way then the sync way (eg. an email to yourself or whatever and use Apple Send to mechanism to send the file to kypass. The file will end up in local store.
3. use the „Upload from Desktop“ Feature on the + Symbol. It will open a Webserver on the iPhone where you can connect to (eg from PC) and upload the file into the Kypass app.

Kypass Beta Tester and Moderator

Angusalcatel

Re: Key file

Post by Angusalcatel »

Thanks, now working :D