One Drive shared folder

Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
meobeou

One Drive shared folder

Post by meobeou » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 am

I am attempting to use KyPass with OneDrive shared folders.

I have User A and User B both with personal OneDrive accounts.

User A has configured a shared folder and placed a keepass file in it.

User A enables OneDrive support on their iPhone and selects the folder. This works as expected. KeePass files can be read.

User A then shares this folder with User B. User B adds the folder to their OneDrive and can access it fine via the OneDrive application.

User B then enables OneDrive support on KyPass and can select the folder (and see the kdbx files when setting up).

However once User B adds the OneDrive source, none of the kdbx files come up on the main Kypass screen, and it continues to prompt to add a file or source.

How can User B access the shared OneDrive folder and read/update the kdbx files?

Thank you

Lee!

Lefty

Re: One Drive shared folder

Post by Lefty » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:08 am

Is there any update on this issue? I am having the exact same problem. For whatever reason the app does not find kbdx files in a shared OneDrive folder that can otherwise be read and modified in other apps.

Thank you

bigboydis

Post by bigboydis » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:41 am

Came here to say that I too am in the same situation; I have shared the .KDBX file with my wife through my personal OneDrive; she has Edit access to both the file and the folder. On her iPhone, she can use KyPass can navigate to the folder, can even 'select' the file when browsing for a folder but then when the app goes back to the page where we should see the file to log into - "No file found".

:cry:

The workaround is to use the OneDrive app and copy the file to KyPass but then that does not allow for updates to the password file as the file needs to be manually refreshed / re-downloaded again...

spathi

Post by spathi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:23 am

The original post is a word for word copy of my post here.. https://www.kyuran.be/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68&p=567#p567

Still waiting for an update from devs.. I posted this in November last year. I regret purchasing this app.