Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
pppbbbqqq

Re: Autofill crash

Post by pppbbbqqq » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:28 am

Changed my db to 0x10. No crashes.

FrederickZh

Post by FrederickZh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:17 am

I'm using Argon2 with a 64MB (0x4000000) memory requirement on iPhone 6s+ and it crashes from time to time. Apple's docs haven't got any info about the memory restriction tho: https://developer.apple.com/documentati ... _autofill/

While the whole purpose of using memory-hard algorithms is to improve the security, if the limit is too strict I may have to just live with the occasional crashes :(

Mr-Fly

Post by Mr-Fly » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 am

I doubt that Apple writes this in this kind of very light descriptions. Additionally, Autofill extensions are plugins and therefor only add a value to an app.
Argon2 was mainly written with Windows or FAT Systems in mind kn the main app. That why it can use a lot of memory, also I doubt that it is a very good approach besides iterations. In my main work I work with RDS/Citrix environments and these kind of approaches are not really liked on our side on shared systems.
VDI in the Cloud usually also don't have high amounts of ram.
So it is your decision which way to go.
On iOS even the main memory system will most likely get problems with it as it tries to free memory for this leaving other programs with problems (reloading of content)