Master Password after backup restore

Problems with KyPass on iPhone should be reported in here
JeDiM

Post by JeDiM » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello,

aufter an iPhone BackupRestar the *.key has 0 Byte. If i Copy the Keyfile with ITunes in the App. I get the Error "Ungültiges Master-Paswort". I try to copy via DropBox :( - it doesnt work.
On my IPad both Files are Funktion.

BR
Jens

JeDiM

Re: Master Password after backup restore

Post by JeDiM » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello Again,

only one way: reinstall the APP.

in early Version it function.

I hope you can comprehend this defect.

BG
Jens

Mr-Fly

Post by Mr-Fly » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:35 am

When the .key gets to 0 Bytes it is missing all information. No wonder it does not open the kdbx. I believe that because you did everything from scratch you got the copy of the file to work.
The copy through iTunes is nothing programmed in Kypass.
Dropbox usually does not send the file to the application it sends a link to the file. So this could be the problem..
Best tip I can give you is to import by mail. That works usually very good for me. Send the file to your own email.

JeDiM

Post by JeDiM » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:01 am

Hello,

I am a little bit surprised. that copying via itunes should not be implemented, so why does it work?
please try it !! By the way, the safest way to copy the KEY file into the APP is by the way. Safety should be paramount here.

As already written, I was only successful with a new installation of the APP.

In this regard, the APP must be checked. Here I do not accept a discussion. I tried it for two hours on different paths. Certainly not via email.

I will never send my KEY file via an email that can be compromised. It's stupid to do so.

greeting
jens

JeDiM

Post by JeDiM » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:15 am

hello again,

By the way, I like this KeyPass app. It is the best and most functional for iOS !!! Whom I know.

But that it does not work properly after iOS backup recovery via iCloud should be checked.

Alright, after recovering from an iTunes backup, it works! This must be observed in tests. IOS may be responsible for the issues in sharing.

Greetings, Jens

Mr-Fly

Post by Mr-Fly » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:26 am

As said, the App is even not running when you copy the data through iTunes. So how should Miguel program something that helps?
When the file got a size of zero through that copy, iTunes has made something wrong. How should Kypass know if the file is correct or not?