It’s been a long time since my last update about KyPass. Sorry about that.
I’ve a lot of news about KyPass.
For the iOS version:
- I have added One-time password. You could now add a OTP field in your database and use it to connect on all website that supports Time-synchronized OTP.
- The edit page has been refreshed. I like it and I hope you will be too.
For the macOS version:
- OTP support (enter otpauth://totp/Example:email@example.com?secret=DPJBSKY3EHWP3PXP&issuer=Example in a field and KyPass will translate it to the correct secret key)
- add custom fields in the columns view
- edit multiple entries
- add filter on custom fields
- edit existing import tasks
- quick view improved
- attachments could be previewed by pressing the space key
- (bug fix) entry and group could now be created directly from the sidebar
- (bug fix) duplicate entry is now working also in search view
- (bug fix) viewing an entry doesn’t change modification date anymore
As you could see, it’s a lot of improvement for the macOS version and thus I need some time to be sure that all is OK.
I expect to release it 2 weeks.
PS. The name of macOS version will be changed from KyPass Companion to KyPass like the iOS version. No need to add the Companion word.
PS2. I’m also working on a iPad pro version. I’ve bought one. At home, I use it more that my computer. KyPass need to be more sexy on a tablet !
Next version of KyPass for iOS will support org.appextension.find-login-action.
What’s that mean for you ?
You could login on all the application available for 1password via KyPass and TouchID/Pin code.
This version was sent to Apple this morning. Thus, just wait a few days to play with it.
- (bug fix) fix open at start option
- definitively fix the 1 bytes attachment in kdb
- many other tiny bug fixes.
Hope you like it…
As always, don’t hesitate to share your love with KyPass!
Another new version is already in progress. (display history, some UI improvements and bug fixes)
What’s new ?
A lot of things!
- iCloud drive support: You could now synchronize using your iCloud drive on Windows/osX.
- Multitask support: use KyPass in one panel, safari (or another application) in the other panel.
- added external keyboard support. (press cmd key to see what key is supported)
- added ‘copy to Kypass’ function from any application. (useful for keyfile)
- iPad Pro ready
Be careful: iOS 9 is now required!
Now, just a few days to sleep.