I’m a big fan of Evernote.
I’m using it every day to handle my time: I have a “to do” notebook in which I put all my things to do.
I would like to be able to convert a email to a “to do” note.
Actually, I have some solutions:
- Drag and drop the email to Evernote. Worse solution. Just a .eml embedded in a note and no sender and creation date information.
- Print the email with the virtual printer “PDF to Evernote”. The note is good looking but I lost the ability to edit the note and I lost the sender and creation date information.
- Forward the email to my Evernote email adress. I could edit the note but… I also lost the sender and creation date information
It exists another solution with an AppleScript on veritrope but it’s so complicated.
Thus, as a developer, I’ve developed my own solution:
DropCircle is the easiest and best way to insert files, large and small, into your Evernote account.
To upload a file to Evernote with DropCircle, just drag it to the DropCircle icon.
If it’s an html file (or Safari link), a true Evernote not will be created with all the images embedded in the note.
Same things for mail. Simply drag and drop a mail for mail.app or from exchange and you’ll have a good looking note in place of the .eml file created by the Evernote application.
You want to backup your wordpress blog (or any other blog supporting rss) ? Just drag and drop the rss file with all the articles to DropCircle. DropCircle create a note for each post with all images embedded and with correct timestamp.
Currently, DropCircle supports:
- .eml files
- atom/rss files
- html files
- all other files are added as resource in a new note.
Do you want more export method ? Contact us…
DropCircle beta is avalaible for free at http://bit.ly/15WaTWo.
5 thoughts on “DropCircle”
I’m getting a Conflicted Database Error message that appears as multiple copies of the one database. What’s going on.
I am using Dropbox.
Not sure what I’m doing or not doing
With DropCircle ????
I am using this great app!
I have one question and request.
This app will? Alpha version?
And I want to setting tag and notebook when making note by DropCircle.
Good luck in the future!
I shared a great application information in Japanese!
first thanks for tackling such a long neglected Evernote problem. I really like where you are going with your product, but there are some things that could be improved.
1. I would prefer the note to open immediately in Evernote Desktop (like the Postbox app does it). Then I could immediately rename the note (very often, since I prefix the mail title with an action command) and assign tags and notebook. I also would like to do this immediately if possible and not need to resync the EN client and open the inbox to get the messages.
2. Since I use Mail as well as EN in Fullscreen Mode most of the times, I highly suggest you get rid (or allow to hide it) of the floating icon and use either a menubar / dock icon as drop targets and/or allow keyboard shortcuts (especially in mail since the mail is already selected).
My preferred workflow would be (in Mail).
1. Select email in Mail app
2. press a keyboard shortcut
3. Newly created Evernote note opens in Evernote
4. I can assign notebook, tags and change the note in Evernote editor.
Thanks for your work.